Effective January 22, 2018, TSA will only accept state-issued driver’s licenses or identification cards if they are issued by a REAL ID compliant state or a non-compliant state with an extension. Travelers from “noncompliant” states will need to show an alternative form of ID, such as a passport, when boarding a plane.
Over the last few years, travel and training budgets have been significantly reduced and the approval process for many organizations has become more difficult. Regardless of the value of your participation in a conference, you will most likely need to justify the expense to gain approval. From its creation in 1963, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) has organized conferences to serve the aerospace profession as part of its core mission. AIAA events span over 70 technical discipline areas to help scientists, engineers, and technologists expand their knowledge and stay current with developments in their fields.
As you put together your request to participate in AIAA forums, here are some items you may wish to consider:
- Focus on what you will bring back to your organization as a result of your participation so your supervisor understands the return on investment.
- Offer to share the agenda with your supervisor and colleagues to see if there are topics/sessions you can attend to bring back information of interest.
- Offer to prepare a trip report and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues to share what you learned from the event.
- Registering for the full conference gains you access to all technical papers presented during the forum.
Top Reasons to Participate in AIAA Forums
- Find out what lies ahead, as leaders in aerospace and related fields discuss their programs, challenges, and solutions during plenary and Forum 360 panel sessions.
- Expand your knowledge, as expert engineers and scientists from dozens of nations around the world share their latest research and development findings in the technical program.
- Gain access to the online proceedings when you register at the full conference price.
- Network, advance your organization’s brand, discuss challenges, and share ideas during technical sessions, luncheons, coffee breaks, and exposition hall and social activities.
- Stay at the top of your game with AIAA’s Continuing Education programs. Leave with insights and solutions that you can put to immediate use.
- Build your workforce. AIAA forums attract thousands of aerospace students and young professionals – your future workforce.
Resources to Help You Gain Approval