AIAA SciTech Forum Location:
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
1 Market Place
San Diego, California, USA, 92101
Enjoy your stay at the tallest urban waterfront resort on the West Coast at
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. Located in the heart of all of the action, the waterfront San Diego hotel combines the convenience of access to many of San Diego’s top attractions with the comforts of Hyatt’s premium amenities. The hotel offers a spectacular waterfront resort-like setting, complete with shopping, dining, and entertainment venues. You will enjoy easy access to popular attractions, like the world-famous San Diego Zoo, and exciting nightlife activities in the Gaslamp District.
- To reserve a standard double or standard king room at the conference rate of $229/night + taxes and fees, please
click here . Price available until block is full.
- U.S. Government Employees: The government rate of $174/night + taxes and fees for a standard double or standard king room is available until the block is full. This rate is for federal government employees carrying a current government employee ID only. A government issued ID such as a driver’s license is not sufficient and will delay your check-in and possibly leave you without a room as rooms at the group rate are limited. Don’t risk it and verify your credentials. To book a room, please
click here . NOTE: The government block is sold out.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt has additional
features and services for guests staying at the hotel. For childcare recommendations while staying in the area, please contact the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. Visit their website for information on
local activities and
Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
333 W Harbor Drive
San Diego, California, USA, 92101
- To reserve a standard room at the conference rate of $229/night + taxes and fees, please click here. Price available until block is full or 10 December 2018.
- U.S. Government Employees: This rate is for federal government employees carrying a current government employee ID only. A government issued ID such as a driver's license is not sufficient and will delay your check-in and possibly leave you with a room as rooms at the group rate are limited. Don't risk it and verify your credentials. To book a room, please click here. Price available until block is full or 10 December 2018. NOTE: The government block is almost sold out.
- San Diego International Airport -2.9 miles
- Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT)
and refer to Meeting Event Code NMSGL
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
- Overnight Guest: $49
- First Hour: $10
- After the first hour $8 per hour
- Daily Maximum: $55
- Overnight Guest: $35
- First Hour: $8
- After the first hour $8 each additional hour
- Daily Maximum: $35
Save on Airport Parking
- Attendees can save on airport parking reservations with
CheapAirportParking.org. To book online enter code: SCITECH in the promo code field for 20% off your entire reservation.
Self-Parking Spot Hero
- Reserve Discounted Parking
We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app. To reserve your parking spot for SCITECH Forum, visit the official
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up. New to SpotHero?
Click here to download the SpotHero app.
Things To Do
1. USS Midway Museum: Located in downtown San Diego, the USS Midway (Museum) was America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Today, the interactive museum is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family as guests walk in the footsteps of the 225,000 young men who served on Midway. Visitors explore a floating city at sea, featuring the amazing flight deck and its 29 restored aircraft.
2. San Diego Zoo: The Zoo has been an icon in San Diego for over 100 years—and an absolute must-see in Southern California. Discover the wonders of wildlife with animal encounters, interactive experiences, and keeper chats.
3. Balboa Park: One of the most popular urban parks in the United States, this bucolic paradise is packed with an array of attractions, including the San Diego Zoo.
4. La Jolla Cove: San Diego's most desirable spot for swimming, diving and snorkeling. The water is calm and the cove is ecologically protected.
5. Boat Tours: Cruise through San Diego Harbor past battleships and waterfronts or head into the waters of San Diego Bay in search of the California gray whale.
6. Petco Park Tours: Get a behind-the-scenes guided tour of the Major League Baseball stadium for the San Diego Padres.
About San Diego
With near perfect weather year-round, 70 miles of spectacular coastline, world-class attractions and a thriving urban core, complete with a sophisticated art, dining and nightlife scene, San Diego has earned the name California’s beach city. It’s hard to find a better destination for families. Whether you love engaging with animals or thrill rides, building sandcastles or beach bonfires, there’s plenty to entertain the entire family from sun up to sun down. Pick your passion and save with these special offers.
About the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Feel good about staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego with their green eco-friendly efforts such as smart thermostats in every guest room and energy management systems throughout the hotel; 25% of purchased energy is from renewable energy sources including hydro, solar, and wind farm; pools and whirlpool jacuzzi’s are heated using solar energy; 280lbs per month of over produced food items are donated to “Chef’s to End Hunger” Program; and an average of 2.6 tons per month of partially used guest room amenities (shampoo, conditioner, soap) are donated to local organizations. The Hyatt Regency Atlanta is the proud recipient of TripAdvisor Green Leader Award, Port of San Diego Green Business Network Award and the Green Key Award (4 key rating).
Be wary of hotel reservation scams:
AIAA conference and forums have recently become the target of wholesaler companies trying to sell rooms for our events. If you receive a phone call offering to make your reservation and take credit card information over the phone or via email, we highly recommend that you do not use their services. You run the risk of arriving at the hotel and not having a reservation, or being unable to modify or cancel your reservation, and possibly compromising your credit card details. AIAA does not contract with any company to serve as our representative, room block representative or housing company. It is recommended that AIAA attendees follow the suggested channels for booking accommodation within the conference block by following the instructions on this page. If you receive solicitations from other companies, please forward them to