Abstract submissions will be accepted electronically. The deadline for receipt of abstracts via electronic submittal is 2000 hrs Eastern Time Zone, USA on the date listed on the Call for Papers page.
The electronic submission process is as follows:
- Click the “Submit A Paper” button on the Forum homepage.
- You must be logged into AIAA to submit a paper, so you will be prompted to log in if you have not already done so.
- If you do not have an account with AIAA you may create one from this page. You do not need to become a member of AIAA, and there is no fee to create an account.
- After completing your AIAA login, the ScholarOne Abstracts site will open.
- Click the Submission tab at the top of the page.
- Review the general information about the conference’s abstract submission requirements and policies.
- To begin your submission, click the “Create a New Submission” link on the left menu. PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously visited the site and begun a draft submission, scroll down to the "Drafts" table and select "Edit Draft" to resume your submission.
- There are five steps to complete in order for your submission to be eligible for consideration for the conference. Detailed instructions for completing each step are posted within the ScholarOne site. Please read and follow all directions. At step 5, you must click the “Submit” button.
- If the abstract deadline has not passed, you may revise a submitted abstract.
- Go to “View Submissions” and select “Return to Draft.”
- Make all corrections.
- Go to Step 5, “Review & Submit,” and click the “Resubmit” button at the bottom right.
- Once the abstract submission deadline passes, authors will no longer be able to make new submissions or return previous submissions to draft for revisions. Carefully proof your submission before the deadline.
- If your submission is accepted for presentation at the conference
- The author designated as the presenter will be the only author with access to upload the final manuscript.
- The author who submitted the abstract will have access to make updates to the title, presenter bio, and author list from the time accept notices have gone out until the published manuscript deadline.
All abstracts will be evaluated by qualified individuals from industry, academia, or government. It is recommended to the Technical Program Committee to have the broadest representation of reviewers appropriate for the forum/conference. Exceptions may be made for invited abstracts. Please note that this is a review of abstracts only and that AIAA’s meeting papers are not peer-reviewed.
Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance or rejection on or about the date listed on the Call for Papers page.
Final Manuscript Guidelines
Detailed instructions and guidelines for submitting papers will be made available to authors of accepted papers. Authors must submit their final manuscripts via the event website no later than 2000 hrs Eastern Time Zone, USA on the date listed on the Call for Papers page.