|SESSION DESCRIPTION: |
It is hard to remember a time when data, conjectures and opinions from around the world were not bombarding us from every direction, in both our personal and professional lives. Join us in learning about the power and potential of how we can turn ‘big data’ into knowledge to create bold, transformative opportunities and mitigate complex, systemic challenges for our aerospace science and technology community. Predictions for our data-enabled future will be shared in a series of Lightning Talks by visionaries from:
- High Performance Computing – How will the power of next generation exascale, quantum and beyond compute architectures transform aerospace?
- Multifidelity, Multidisciplinary ModSim – How will increased access to next generation compute capability transform design and analysis approaches from the atomic to system levels, paving the way for even more complex designs and more robust uncertainty quantification? How will these advances affect our need and/or use of physical testing?
- Digital Assistants – How will advances in machine learning and data analytics enable faster and more detailed interrogation of large data sets and imagery to glean new insights and understanding, as well as inform us about new technologies and advances occurring around the globe?
- Digital Twins – How will the availability of life cycle data, from the as-designed to the as-built to the as-repaired system configurations, affect certification, mission planning and operations?
- Data Integrity/Protection – What are the vulnerabilities in a data-reliant society, and how do we need to mitigate these risks in our designs and processes? What are the challenges for the adoption of truly autonomous vehicle decision making with respect to data protection and data integrity as a result?
|Joseph Morrison (Moderator)Associate Project Manager, Transformative Tools & Technologies Project, NASA Langley Research Center|
|David Keyes Director, Extreme Computing Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology|
|Pamela Kobryn Principal Aerospace Engineer, Aerospace Vehicles Division, Air Force Research Laboratory|
|Dimitri Mavris Director, Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Daniel Ragsdale Director, Texas A&M Cybersecurity Center|